Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.ecobalancecourses.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
What data we gather & How we use this data
We may collect the following information:
- Full name
- Email addresses
- Demographic information, such as general location
- Website usage data
- Information specifically relevant to client enquiries
Collecting this data helps us communicate with you, as well as understand what you are looking for from Ecobalance Courses, enabling us to deliver improved services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the courses and services we provide eg via participant evaluations
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To send you promotional emails about products, services and offers that may interest you, if you have opted-in to receive our newsletter
Contact form / Newsletter subscription / Enrolling onto e-Learning
When you fill in a form or provide your details via this website, you agree for us to contact you in line with the information you give.
This is limited to:
- Contact Form – we will contact you via the email address that you give us on our contact form with information relating to your specific inquiry.
- Newsletter Subscription – when you opt-in to receive our newsletter your details will be added to our e-mailing database and will only be used for this purpose. You can easily opt-out of future mailings by unsubscribing at the bottom of any email.
- Enrolling onto Ecobalance Courses e-learning – we will contact you via the email address that you give us, and these detail will be added to our specific e-learning mailing database and will only be used for this purpose. Each e-Learning includes follow-up contact as part of the course, and participant evaluation form.
Ecobalance Courses gathers participant feed-back and evaluations via SurveyMonkey, surveys are anonymous however the link to SurveyMonkey evaluation would be received via MailerLite.
We use MailerLite for our mailing database – which is the only store of personal data held by Ecobalance Courses – and have signed a Customer Data Processing Addendum to confirm that both Ecobalance Courses and MailerLite agree to abide by GDPR. Your details will only be added to our MailerLite database and respective contact lists, if you subscribe to our newsletter, or, enroll onto e-learning. We do not add your details under any circumstances and you are able to change or delete your newsletter subscription at any time.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored securely and processed in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Cookies & Analytics
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package – this website uses Google Analytics to aggregate usage data to help us improve the website structure, design, content and features.
- Recognise you when you return to our website – to remember your preferences when returning to our site so you are not shown the email signup pop-up on return visits if you have previously dismissed this message.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on Ecobalance Courses e-learning, we store name and email information they provide. Where this relates to accounting records this information is stored for 6 years in line with HMRC legal requirement.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an Ecobalance Courses e-learning account, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
What data breach procedures we have in place
Ecobalance Courses only store personal data at our MailerLite database. Due to the MailerLite stringent data protection measures, a breach of data protection is very unlikely. However, where there is a breach of data security, we will notify the ICO within 72 hours as per GDPR guidelines. We will also notify you via email if this includes your personal details.